there are rays

its the end of the month...
march was indeed a significant one for me. a lot of things happened.
good and not so good.
but i know all these have its own reasons... i may not able to understand everything now, but soon, it will all be unfold.

1st of march began at the end of february...
i was in manila. 28th feb is my father's bday. we had a party, from morning til night.
relatives and friends went to our home and joined the celebration.
it ended the following day.
1 march, the day that berks and family went to batangas for a reunion with nemo and friends...

the next weekend after that, i went back here in dubai.

ok. dont worry, i wont put my planner in here. you wont read my daily activities...

let me just share to you that indeed, i really had a happy march...
im not just comforting myself for the lost of my friend, or for the accident that happened to my nephew... but most of all, i am counting my blessings despite of all these tragedies.

i stayed in ph for 2 weeks. every minute of my stay was memorable.
my time was divided to my family and friends. not a single second was wasted.

i was able to spend time with tep for a couple of times. these are really happy moments. and i want to thank him for those memories.

i was able to enjoy the kids...

and as i went back here... my chair is still empty and tons of papers were on my desk, waiting for me. i still have the job that pay the bills...

life goes on...

last last weekend, we went to my friends new place... good for them.
the following day, we had a farewell party for another friend...
its a blessing that i still have them around.

last weekend was the rainy one.

and yes, it was! heavy rains flooded the city.
thunderstorms kept flashing at the dubai skyline.
its quite dark on this side of the planet...

and not so good things happened.
just as the rain pours from the clouds were the tears from my eyes...

both accident happened saturday night. a dark night for Earth Hour.
the world is literally darker... for one hour.
yet, its just for 60 minutes. and that made a big difference on Earth.

same as the seconds of reckless driving that brought my nephew to the hospital... and the seconds that took the life of my friend.

today, its not raining anymore. though there are still strong winds...
sun is not shining still, yet there are rays that makes the sky brighter than the past few days.

soon it will be over. the sky will be illuminated will sunlight.

and honestly, i am feeling a lot better.
i've cried a lot... i mourned. i worried.

and i prayed.
i surrendered everything to our Lord...

now, i can see that the sun is shining, despite the thick clouds that covers it.
and as the month closes, i know that the pain will all march down with it... :)

______
derick's right leg is still under observation. he had his 2nd operation just this afternoon... the 3rd will be on thursday.
he is a brave child. i know that he can make it. most of the doctors were amazed by his strength, as he watched them as they conduct the surgery...
his faith is as solid as a rock. they said he is so calm and peaceful. he is not blaming anyone for what happened. he knows that God will take care of him. thank you for your prayers and please continue to pray for him...
______
stephen is now at peace with our Lord... i cannot see him again but i know that he can see me all the time. it is sad but i know that its God's will. i am thankful that i had a friend like him. 14 years is quite short... but in the God's right time, we can be together again.

2 comments:

Leamsi said...

awww..the last part made me sad..it was just too tragic. i'll pray for the soul of your friend and for derick's recovery.

KALI said...

hi yummybite!
yes, it was tragic. ut i know that there are reasons for all these...
thank you for your prayers... that's all that derick and tep needs.
im praying for your recovery too...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...