No Goodbyes

people come & go. that's a fact.
some are easily forgotten... but many are hard to forget.

before, i use to wonder why people have to leave.
why some choose to move from different places, while some were so contented with their environment.
what made people think that there is always a greener pasture on the other side of the fence?
why is other peoples' job a lot better than some? is it really better to chill in snow, or to be tanned in the desert?

why is moving on easier than to hold on???

why do it takes a minute to say hello... and forever to say goodbye?

we all had our own "chapter - endings".
uncounted times of waving goodbye to friends, classmates, colleagues, acquaintances, family members, lovers, partners...
with many different reasons... whether for better or not so good...

goodbyes marks the end of something special that was shared by people...
and the reason it hurts so much to separate is because each hearts & souls were connected.

and goodbyes are letting go.

i bid goodbye many times...

it started while i was on junior high - the peak of teenage years. i was tagged as the leader of the group, with all my friends since kindergarten...
then my family moved out - from the city to our province (which is not that far, though). a tough decision from my parents, a painful one for me. i have to say goodbye to my life back then. and all the while i thought it was the end...

same incident happened after highschool and college (and not just for me but for everybody). time to take some turns, to continue ones journey. most of the people whom you share your life with are going in different directions... some stayed but most of them left.
it always feels painful losing your friends... and not seeing them again. (i thought)

but the truth is - miles cannot separate you from your friends... as long as connection remains, it can never end the friensdhip.

and i've learned that goodbye isnt always painful, unless you'll never going to say hello again.

i experienced a different goodbye 5 years after my college. as i chose to shift my gears. to move out from my comfort zone... to end my career. to say goodbye to my life that i used to have...

at that time... i asked myself... where is the "good" in goodbyes?

young and aggressive. i dared to face the challenge of letting go every single thing that i had. it is painful, but more than that... the risks i took was beyond the limits.

thinking that ive reached my peak, i left all my unfinished goals behind...

i let go to see if there was anything worth to hold on to...

my recent goobye was 1 year ago. the previous chapter of my life happened that quick. 2 years of agony to be exact. and yes, you read it right.
agony, it is.
all because of my recklessness...

but no regrets.
while good things comes to end... so are the not so good ones.

it was 2 years of learning... and i graduated with honors!!!
before, i hate goodbyes...

i dont want to leave and be left.
but through the years, i've learned the true meaning of goodbyes...

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end." -Seneca

ive realized that as i begin to end a chapter of my life, new chapter starts...

"what we call the beginning is often the end. and to make an end is to make beginning. the end is where we start from..." -T.S. Elioit
its not the end yet... only a jump start! we can all wave our hands... but never say goodbye.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...