Do You Have The Key?

This is one lesson that I learned from the forty five days gap, I MISS YOU, remember... and as I promised, I will share stories that happened  in between :-)

As the clock ticks at 5PM, my adrenalin goes up... I will cross-check all my to do list for the day and will immediately follow up all the pending jobs that were needed. I usually put pressure on my colleagues esp from finance by pointing finger on my watch...
Some walking along the hallway, few phone calls, and before I knew it, its already 6pm... finally!!!

That is me, normally.

Today, admittedly, not all jobs on my list were checked, and not all the mails were marked completed... I left my desk with some pending jobs... I was rushing to go home because there are some things that I wanted to do. That's why even if there were some jobs that needs to be sorted, I shut down the computer and ran...

Actually, I was 5 mins late in the service van...
They should've left, but I called one colleague and asked them to wait for me.
During the travel, I even plan the things that I will do when I reach home. I slept for about 40 mins...
Then, we arrived in Sharjah...

They drop me right in front of our building... and as soon as I stepped out of the van and closed the door... BANG#!$%^&* I suddenly remember that.....................  left my house key!!!

It was hanging on our key holder!!! I even saw it that morning before we leave, I clearly remember that I had second thought of getting it from there, but I didnt bother, not only because we were late that morning, but I depended on Erika, because she always has it.

Since it's very seldom that we do not go at the same time, I didn't realize it's importance... not until that night.
At the time when I thought I was ready, my mind was set and  my actions were planned...
I ended up sitting in the bench along corniche, waiting for time to pass.

This is not the first time that I was caught off guard... and I know that you too had some experiences wherein you have set and planned your day ahead, but ended up looking at your planner, wondering what if...

At that time while I was there, sitting at the bench, watching people pass in front of me... I wonder if how many of them really set that time to exercise or walk... and how many were like me, waiting for their keys.

The key -- that small thing that shut me out of our house because I ignore its importance.

In our daily tasks, may it be as simple as frying an egg, or may it be as big as a client pitch, we plan, we prepare ourselves to the the work. We exert our efforts and put our best foot forward in every thing that we do.

But that night, I left an important key -- as I arrange the things that I was supposed to do, set my mind and finalize the plan, I forgot to say a little prayer. Once again, I relay on my own knowledge. I planned alone.  The most important key that we often forget... the key to all the things...


I was prepared, but I was not ready... because that day I chose to ignore the key.

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.  
Proverbs 16:9

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really liked the article, and the very cool blog

KALI said...

Thank you...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...