They Stick On Me

I am back to work.
And still under medications...

My recent check up with Urologist regarding my 'rubies' has good results. As expected, my right kidney is now clear and no more 'gems' :) the one on the left are 'about to leave'... :) or up to date, it should've passed out already.

The endoscopy took place after my Uro check up. I can remember how nervous I was... my heart was pounding fast. Everything was clear to me, from wearing the gown and cap, lying down on the bed, checking BP, nurse explaining the procedure, dextrose, entering the Endoscopy room, all the apparatus inside, the oxygen tube, the mouth piece, throat spray, injection of anesthesia... then I fall asleep.

I woke up inside the SSU (Short Stay Unit) with my bestfriend (Erika) beside me... taking some pictues of me. When I was fully conscious, 2 of our friends (Eric and Maoo) went inside too and awaken me with their witty stories.

After some time, the nurse gave the results - the findings... I don't remember the actual medical terms but as what I understood it has something to do with my Ulcer. Hmmmmm... Bile Reflux Gastritis! and the other one, I really cannot recall ... anyways, what is important and very clear is that there is nothing serious... I just have to continue with the medications.

I've researched about my condition, and it says:

Bile reflux

Bile is a greenish-yellow fluid that's essential for digesting fats and for eliminating worn-out red blood cells and certain toxins from your body. It's produced in your liver and stored in your gallbladder in a highly concentrated form.
Eating a meal that contains even a modest amount of fat signals your gallbladder to release bile, which flows through two small tubes (cystic duct and common bile duct) into the upper part of your small intestine (duodenum).

Bile reflux into the stomach
At the same time that bile is entering the duodenum, food enters your small intestine through the pyloric valve, a heavy ring of muscle located at the outlet of your stomach. Ordinarily, the pyloric valve opens just slightly — enough to release about an eighth of an ounce (about 3.5 milliliters) of liquefied food at a time, but not enough to allow digestive juices to backup (reflux) into the stomach. In many cases of bile reflux, the valve doesn't close properly, and bile backwashes into the stomach, where it causes irritation and inflammation (gastritis).

What leads to bile reflux?
Peptic ulcers. Sometimes a peptic ulcer can block the pyloric valve. Rather than not closing tightly, the valve doesn't open enough to allow the stomach to empty as quickly as it should. The stagnant food and liquid in the stomach can lead to increased gastric pressure that causes refluxed bile and stomach acid to back up into the esophagus.

Source: mayoclinic

Actually, these 2 health problems was already with me for a long time. I was first diagnosed with Peptic Ulcer when I was still in high school and kidney stones during college. Through grace of God, I was healed then and now.

'Rubies' recur maybe because I really like salty foods... my meal always comes with fish sauce or soy sauce. I guess I have to say goodbye to that :( my eating habit wont be the same without 'patis', but I woudn't trade my kidneys for that!
My ulcer, never left me since then. I have been very cautious with this but it really does stick on me! I understand that my bad habits before usually triggered its attack... and maybe, I am now reaping all the negative effects. I have been living a healthier life (no smoke, no alcohol, 1 coffee a day) for almost 6 months now, but I noticed that my ulcer attack are getting worst.

Maybe because it is adjusting? Maybe my stomach is not used to being clean :) :) :)
or whatever it may be, I know that it will soon be over, and I will be well.

Despite the pain, I am glad that I quit.
I am now adjusting to a  'clean and green' life and I know that this pain is nothing compared to more serious diseases that I might get from those vices.

God saved me.
He picked me up at the right time, before the bad habits ruined me totally.

I believe that my body is just in the 'cleansing' process, and soon, all the ''leftovers' will be gone. Fears have no room inside me. I have dealt with this sickness before, it means nothing, especially now, knowing that God is embracing me...

"Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security."
Jeremiah 33:6

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...