BFF

"Sinong bestfriend mo doon?"

I remember this line from a TV commercial during early 90's... (though I already forgot for which company/brand it is).

But the story, if I am not mistaken is about 2 kids, one's family will be leaving and the other stays...

I feel for that kid. I am the one who left. I was 14y/o when we first moved...
My life turned upside down... even though I know that there are No Goodbyes...

And guess what... Its been 15 years of almost ZERO communication.
Long enough that most of my GS and HS friends are now married and with kids...

And though our path has moved into different places and travelled in opposite directions in the world, the loooooong gap was never a reason to lose the friendship bond.

After some times, through the help of FB, I was able to talk with them again, and the 15 years or moooore was not long enough after all.
We were able to update each other in just one sitting!
Who - What - When - Where - How? Everything started on the first day that we separated.
The connection is something that is wonderful. We still sing the same tune... and though we were not seatmate for a long time, we are still sitting on the same bench... :)

The feeling is amazing!

It's like finding yourself again. Talking to a friend who knows who you were, decades ago... reminding you of those simple happiness... playing around the campus, exchanging notes during recess, and overnight letters as if you were not together for ages.
The gimiks after school hours, eating at our fave resto... ghost haunting... outing on weekends... simple things that shows what it takes to be happy.

Then, there's this flashback... when you're just wondering about this day, while you were just dreaming to be the person that you are now... and what happened in between...

After all this years, I am grateful knowing that we are still friends... and those promises written on those note pads that I've been keeping were all real...

Years passed. It feels sooo good to know that you still have them...
The promise of being Forever Friends was never broken and the answer to the question is still the same...

"Syempre, Ikaw lang!"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...