Embarrassed

I had several "embarrassing moments" in my life...
Bloopers that can be compiled or added to funny komiks!

But the three most embarrassing are my conveys with my nephew, Derick...

The first one happened about 6 months ago... when I was talking with him, after his operation (when he had a motorcycle accident).
I can clearly recall how I cried, every time I hear his voice, the pain, the fear that I had while he was in the hospital...
And there was this one time that right after one of his operations, he was conscious when they brought him out from the OR. My mother told me that I can talk to him, and so I did...

Me: How are you? Are you in pain?
Him: I am fine, Tita. I am numb... they injected anesthesia...
Then I started crying...
and he said: Don't cry, I am fine... I already prayed...

He is just 10 years old and lying on that hospital bed...

The second incident happened maybe just a month after the first. He was already home, on the stage of recovery, we were chatting... then he stopped and told me that the driver of the motorbike and his father were there to talk to my parents and brother...

I was 4,297 miles away from home, but when I knew that the man who almost took my nephew's future and brought problem to my family was there... I wished that I can fly and reach home at that moment to slap his face and get vengeance for what he does.

And when Derick was back online... I asked him:

Me: What happened? Are they gone?
Him: Yes, they left already. They talked.
Me: Are you Ok? How did you feel upon seeing that guy?
Him: Nothing.
Me: Are you angry?
Him: No. It was an accident.

He was still healing then, and the wounds were still fresh.

The third happened just yesterday... still online as we were chatting.
He told me that he will finish his assignments first, and will just buzz me when he's done.
After like three hours, he went back and gave a buzz...

Him: Hello! Sorry, it took me so long. I fell asleep because I was so annoyed!
Me: Why? What happened?
Him: Because Eca (his sister) threw a slipper and hit my head.
Me: Oh! Maybe it was an accident.
Him: Yes, it was...

Then he told me that he will try one game online, and will buzz me again after...
I know he was not OK.
If that happened to me, I'm sure my brother and I will fight...

After some time, I buzzed him:
Me: Are you mad at Eca?
Him: No. It's fine. There is nothing I can do.

I know that my nephew look up to me. We are so close. Everyday, he gives me a buzz to say Hi. To remind me not to miss a meal or to have a rest once in a while. He will send audible hugs and kisses at times that I am busy. And never ashame of telling me that he loves and misses me.

Yet he don't know that there are many things that I learned from him.
All this time, I know that my faith can move mountains... yet his can't only move but can transform mountains..
I know how to forgive, but it will take me some time to do that. There are people that I didn't greeted for years... yet for him, the guy who hit him and gave so much pain physically and emotionally was easily forgiven.
And the sibling fight... for me, I won't let it pass without doing the same... yet he knows that he needs to be more patient to them.

If I sounded like a proud tita... well, maybe I am.
And I'm thankful that his parents... and grandparents... and tita :) raised him well.
I am praying that those traits that I admire won't change, as he grow up...

"Train a child in the way he should go, & when he is old he will not depart from it."
Proverbs 22:6

8 comments:

erga said...

children has pure intentions and clean heart :)

KALI said...

sana, wag magbago :)

Admin said...

ang bait naman parang nakita ko sarili ko nung bata ako... lol

poks said...

such a BIG heart for a little kid..
sabi ko na favorite ko to eh.. hahhaha...

KALI said...

allan, kinabahan ako bigla... parang ikaw? naku!!! paano pag tumanda :)
poks, ayan! favoritism talaga ang ninang! manang mana sa akin noh???

Admin said...

@kali eh di parang ako din pagtumanda... mabait pa din..lol

KALI said...

Allan, un nga ang nakakatakot eh! :)

KALI said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...