Bathroom Diaries: Buntis

My colleague will be a mom again, for the second time. Her first will turn 2 on October. We are not close but we know each other good enough. 

So she announced that the 2nd baby is on its way; and I congratulated her gladly. As expected, she teased me asking when can I have mine. I told her that I can't conceive alone :)

I told her how I look up to mommies... 
I wonder how they managed taking care of kids and family as a whole. I can't even prepare my own meal! How would you know if the baby is hungry? What if she cries at night and you're in deep sleep? 

"You do not have any idea on what I'm up to when I reach home..." that's what she just said and yes... I cannot imagine myself being a mom yet! 

"Baby comes and ask you to play and carry her... but you still have to cook for you and your husband. So you'll carry her while preparing the food; then you have to feed her. She cannot eat what you have prepared, baby's food is different... then you have to clean her after that. You're lucky if you can bring her to bed quickly, it never happen. So you have to eat with her on your lap... good if hubby helps you in the dishes... you can clean her again and dance her to sleep. 

Then you change clothes... yes, that's the only time you can change... then the cleaning, the laundry, and again prepare the food for the following day... "

And she goes on with her list. I patiently listen. 

She sometimes sounded like complaining but maybe, she just want to release and share her "activities". 

Then I told her how I admire mothers...  

Their strength, their patience, their unconditional love. 

I am not sure if I am ready for that or if I am capable... 

In His time... 

---

Out of toilet: I was chatting with my high school friend who is now a mother of 4. We catch and she mentioned that she is proud of what I have become. She's happy seeing me fulfilling my dreams.

Then I told her that I feel the same for her. I admire her being a wonderful mom to her 4 children.

She laugh. I said I mean it. Being a mother is the most noble profession and she also succeeded on her field. And she should be very proud of her living trophies... 

Motherhood is something that I cannot discuss or write about as I haven't been a mother (or a wife) yet... but I was raised with a beautiful and loving mother. And for that, I have high respect for every moms as I've witnessed first hand, the love and sacrifices a mother can give to her child. 

For me, it's amazing. Whenever I see a mother and child, I cannot comprehend the joy, the love. the connection the binds them together. And I always draw me back to the love and joy that I feel whenever I am with my mother...

To all the moms and the buntis (pregnant), God bless you in all you do. 

It's not mother's day, but I don't have to wait for May to express my love and admiration to the best and most beautiful people that God created... Mothers. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...