The Value of Sharing

Life is not about having and getting...
but being and becoming.

Familiar? Because it's in my profile :)
That is one of my favorite quotations...
It applies to me and my vision of what life really is.

Aside from being passionate in writing and photography, I am here to share God's faithfulness in my life, on the people around me and in the world where I belong...

I am not a perfect example of what a Christian should be...
But my God is perfect. That is what I want to share.
And that is what we all need to attest...

One friend told me her feelings towards giving testimonies at the time when she still attended a Christian fellowship... that is the portion of the program/activity that she wants to avoid,  she felt uncomfortable in sharing her life story...
And she said that maybe, its because of she's still young then and lacking self confidence...

Or I can say that maybe, during 'her' time, the importance of testimonies wasn't explained enough that she didn't understand why it is necessary.

In our church (Phils.), giving testimonies is part of our Sunday service. And weekly, I heard people sharing how great our God is...
I remember being so naive before, not understanding what was happening around...
I found it so odd, that people are crying in front of the church... thanking God but crying at the same time.
There are some who I thought were so proud with their new businesses or new investments or careers...
Others have sick relatives and family members that were in trouble... but still, they were shouting Hallelujah!

Honestly, I thought they were OA then!
Yup... I did :-)

It took me some time before I understand why 'they' do that...
or rather...
I needed to have deeper relationship with Him, wider knowledge about Him, and strong faith in Him before I fully understand why people have to stand there in front, crying while saying their pieces and thanking the Lord...

And maybe, many finds me OA these days, too :-)

We always say, 'count your blessings...'
But after counting, what are we supposed to do?

In our weaknesses, others' may find their strength...
And where we failed, others may succeed.

For me, Christian living is like living in a fantasy world... each day is another miracle... never ending blessings... unlimited happiness and overwhelming joy...
Trials are there, but it won't bring me down... instead, it will draw me closer to Him.

And that wonderful Christian life experience shouldn't be a secret...
We should say it and share it and be proud of it.


In your hearts, set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.
1 Peter 3:15

Let your stories be heard...
Let others be inspired, not of what you have but who you've become through the grace of God.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...