Tatay's Girl

I am my Tatay's favorite...
Being the youngest and the only girl, I am the only Tatay's girl!

I am my father's daughter... more than my mother's. My traits are from him.
Aside from the birthmark, there are a lot of my tatay's personalities that I can see in me.
As time passed by, I realized and recognized our similarities...

During first meeting, you will find us snob or quiet or shy :) (really!)
We do not usually join the crowd and chose to stay on small groups.
Our friends are few... yet they are all true. I've seen his peers since I was a kid, and I can see the same set of friends until now. And I hope mine too will last a lifetime like his.

Next is our wit.
He always smiles and makes us laugh. He's a joker. And as I was growing up, I became his side kick... we exchange punch lines! And now that I'm a grown up and he is older, I took the lead, and he is my back up. We love to irritate my nanay with our jokes... We both love to laugh.

We have the same tongue and stomach.
We love eating same types of food, yet he always asks me to eat first and took only what's left from me...

Our patience is long... and our pride is deep.
We seldom get angry and we just keep quiet when we're offended.
I never saw my parents fighting... not that I remember. I know that there are misunderstandings and petty quarrels, but I never heard any arguments. I know my tatay so well. If he is mad, he won't speak to you, until he is ok.

We live by the day...
At first, I took it negatively that he seems to be contented in what we have then... thought that he doesn't dreamt more and just satisfied with what was there... until such time that I was on the same shoes.
Then I understand that it's not that he didn't dream big at all but his dreams for us are bigger that he sacrificed his own. Our lives are his dreams... and he made every single day of it happy as happy as it could.

Making this post is like revealing a part of my personality...
I should stop now to keep some mystery :)

But I want to shout to the whole world that...
I am grateful, I am so proud, I am happy and I am blessed being my Tatay's daughter...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...