Do I Know Me?

this week, i was able to have a conversation with three persons of different status. asking some advices in different life situations that they are into...

i know that i am a good listener. i am aware because i really practice that... with all efforts of keeping my mouth shut and just lend my ears wide open! and that is what's important at times when people confide to you, right??

but not all the time, you can just "hmmm... ok... ohhh! really??"
what's difficult is after they just delivered their pieces... they will look into your eyes... and wait for your reply. when the 'dead air' strikes... boom!!! its your moment to speak up!

and when this time comes, i usually take advantage of the 'air gap' - silence to pray and ask guidance to whatever words that will come out from my big mouth :)
words that might add up to their misery or hopefully might be something good that can help them to cope up...
i always pray that i can say good words to inspire them... give them hope and made the feel that things are lighter than it seems.

sometimes, i am constrained with the thought that i might not say the proper words to make them feel better... because in reality, the truth will hurt... yeah?!

and during such conversations... im afraid to involve myself... not in the situation but on my speech... when you need to site some incidents that happened. i dont want to tell other people's story... luckily, with these three.. i was able to relate...

when i share my own personal experience to them and hear myself saying the lessons that i've learned... the realization that was long overdue... those things somehow made me proud.
knowing that i survived... with God's grace ofcourse!

then i get to know me as well and realize my firm foundation of faith.

i do enjoy such conversations... serious talks... sharing experiences... giving advices that benefits both of the listener and the speaker...

and as the talk ends... there goes the question... Do I know Me?
after all the sharing... this quick question will pop into my mind and i know that no one can answer but me.

i read it before in heartlight that we have 3 personalities... that we have to discover:
1.) the person that YOU think you are...
2.) the person OTHERS think you are...
3.) the person GOD knows you are...

life is indeed a contiuous discovery of oneself.

at times when we were hit by waves and cant find the answers to why these things happens... it is because its not the proper time yet....
soon, in God's time, we can understand everything!

you are the person you are today because of these experiences.

and you need not to keep it to yourself. you have survived to share it also to other people...
we can all learn from each others mistakes... and somebody's victory will always be an inspiration to everybody.

we just have to know ourselves first... so we can introduce 'us' as the person that we truly are.

i have introduced myself to my 3 personalities... and i am happy that they collide.
knowing who i am, who you think i am and who am I in God's own eyes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...